[AMPS] caig labs products

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] caig labs products
From: nospam4me@juno.com (skipp isaham)
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 20:17:03 -0700
-
Got a few replies about the Caig Labs goodies. Funny
how one can type in the wrong name while knowing the
proper label.... the mind just doesn't want to see the
mistake right out in front.
-
The products I mentioned are actually called Caig Labs
ProGold DeOxit and the spray can lists for about $17
retail.
-
Thanks to Phil for posting the stated temp specs below.
Extended Temperature Range, -34oC to 200oC
-
The temp specs are unverified by me, but I do use the
compound on high heat contacts. I've always assumed
it just cooked off at some elevated temperature.
-
> P.S. In the audiophile world, ProGold has had some
> very positive press. (However allot of high-end audiophile
> thinking is Voodoo if you ask me.)
-
I agree... as a tube audio (guitar and music) amplifier type,
I've been touting the product for years.  It's the only product
I use that will take the crunch out of a volume control to
my satisfaction.  Then we tube audio nuts can get back to
the carbon film, carbon comp vs metal film arguments we
so enjoy.
-
ProGold does the job very well.
-