[AMPS] Tuned Input, what me worry

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Tuned Input, what me worry
From: Peter.Chadwick@zarlink.com (Peter Chadwick)
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 08:04:14 +0100
Rich asked:

        >//  As I recall, the 5-band Collins 30L-1 recommended a certain length
of
        >input coax.  Does anyone have info on this?

The 30S1 with the 4CX1000 certainly did, and I'm pretty sure the 30L1 did in its
amateur form, too. But the 30L1 was used for the whole HF range (mainly by the
US military - who said COTS is a new idea?) and so I believe the principle was
abandoned. The special length was to get the electrical length to a multiple
of 180 degrees in each amateur band to minimise phase distortion effects from
the
varying input load that the gg linear represented.

73

Peter G3RZP