[AMPS] SB-220 cooling

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] SB-220 cooling
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 06:41:40 -0400

To: <amps@contesting.com>
>Date: 12 October 2001 08:02
>Subject: Re: [AMPS] SB-220 cooling
>

>>Hello Pete,
>>    I hope you are kidding about running  your amp for any extended period
>>of time with the case off; especially a contest.   WHY?  I can think of
>>about 2600 to 2900 reasons why not too.
>
>Why not make an alternative cover from wire mesh or somesuch for HD contest
>use. Lets the air through a treat, but stops fingers.

Steve, the SB-220 has an internal cover that already accomplishes what you
describe, with an interlock that shorts the HV to ground if it is removed.
I probably won't need to do this anyway, because I've just received the
higher-capacity cooling fan I ordered from Harbach -- good service from the
new owner, Jeff, W8CQ...

73, Pete N4ZR