[AMPS] Henry 1KD5 Rectifier question

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Henry 1KD5 Rectifier question
From: Peter.Chadwick@zarlink.com (Peter Chadwick)
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 11:00:03 -0000
Steve says:

        >Does it matter (or even does it happen) that you will get more current
flow
        >out of the +ve end of the filament?

I suppose it would have some effect, but as the cathode current (as opposed to
the filament current) is so much less, I doubt it would make much difference.
Reversing the polarity of the filament supply periodically would seem the best
way to avoid metal migration problems: an artificial centre tap with a couple of
resistors across the filaement for the HV return would be best way to feed the
HV return, although they would need to fairly low resistance to avoid the
introduction of unwanted cathode bias.

73

Peter G3RZP