[AMPS] Henry 1KD5 Rectifier question

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Henry 1KD5 Rectifier question
From: stevek@jmr.com (Steve Katz)
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 08:18:06 -0800
'Tis true the GE Prog Line and similar 2-way mobile gear from that era used
indirectly heated cathodes, mostly receiving tubes with the exception of the
PA section, which still used indirectly heated tubes like 6883's, 6146's,
etc, depending on the model.

I think it was very common for those tubes to be operating at below their
normal heater voltage rating, as well...since most of the rigs were
trunk-mounted at the far end of 15-20' of cable, away from the battery, and
IR drop was pretty high with the rather huge load currents being drawn.

WB2WIK/6

"Each success only buys an admission ticket to a more difficult problem." --
Henry Kissinger