[AMPS] another myth on EMF

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] another myth on EMF
From: k7fm@teleport.com (Lamb)
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 22:09:50 -0800
A number of years ago, one of the local counties was considering an amateur
radio tower ordinance.  It probably would have sailed through smoothly, but
one ham in particular annoyed his neighbors and they "rallied the troops" to
attempt to defeat it.

When the neighbor spoke, she noted that radio frequencies caused real
physical changes to the body.  She cited that all of the radio engineers had
white hair.  Amused, I looked around the room and sure enough, she was
right.  I guess it was not relevant that these engineers were 60 and 70
years old.

During her testimony, she almost hyperventilated due to her fear of the
radiation.  I spoke briefly and pointed out that if radiation was indeed
serious, then putting the antenna in the air would decrease the effects.
After a few hours of testimony, there was a break.  The woman bolted outside
and immediately got her cell phone out and lit up a cigarette.

Remembering that testimony, I have noted  that more and more of my ham
friends are getting white hair.

73,  Colin  K7FM