[AMPS] Need HV connectors

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Need HV connectors
From: jflanders2@home.com (Jerry Flanders)
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 14:00:08 -0500
My memory on these is hazy - these are color-coded single conductor
connectors, right, so the safety of the system is not assured by the + lead
alone ? Some connection between chassis to make the negative lead is
required, else a very big surprise occurs upon touching both chassis
simultaneously? Of course, there are usually other connections between
chassis, but they are not usually intended to be part of the HV supply circuit.

Seems like a coaxial or two-conductor plug system would be preferred for
this from a safety standpoint. Has anyone used a two-conductor system of
some kind other than  the "UHF" connectors?