[AMPS] AL1500

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] AL1500
From: 2@vc.net (2)
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 15:31:07 -0800

>A friend of mine, an F3... , (has no internet access) wants to know:
>
>Does anyone know what the AL-1500 is _really_ capable  and under what
>conditions?
//   The AL-1500 is seemingly capable of VHF or UHF parasitic
oscillation.  The AL-1500 is - to my knowledge - the only commercially
manufactured 8877 HF amplifier that does not use a parasitic suppressor,
According to a number of  Al-1500 owners, its 8877 has a high mortality
rate.   Several owners have reported that their AL-1500 had multiple 8877
failures during the first 12-months.   See Figures 24 and 24.1 on my Web
site for details.

cheers, Alex

-  R. L. Measures, 805.386.3734,AG6K, www.vcnet.com/measures.
end