[AMPS] Transformer Current ratings

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Transformer Current ratings
From: 2@vc.net (2)
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 03:35:33 -0800

>Rich said:
>
>>//  Guffaw -- the MAN who wanted to be the King of amateur radio
>
>Careful, Rich, or he'll bad mouth you in his broadcasts, just as he did me!

\\    I could not possibly care less.

>Incidentally, I don't understand how the FCC have let him back on.

\\  The FCC enjoys listening to his ranting?

>>//  So it seems that V-sag in actual use is the sricky wicket.
>
>In many cases, I reckon that could well be the limiting parameter. If you
>happen to want to use the amp for SSTV or RTTY, however, you might want
>to consider other parameters.

\\  Agreed.   For RTTY, SSTV and AØ, resonant-choke filtering is a good
way to fly since it reduces I-peak to c. 10% of that for C-filtering.

cheers, Peter

-  R. L. Measures, 805.386.3734,AG6K, www.vcnet.com/measures.
end