[AMPS] pair 572Bs $70 (NOW: HATE 1800)

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] pair 572Bs $70 (NOW: HATE 1800)
From: ku7i@hotmail.com (Lane Zeitler)
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 05:21:40 -0800
I agree Steve, the narrower filter(s) do make the ssb sound like *&%%*#@.
When listening to the majority of QSOs in ssb, I almost always select the
Paragon's 6.0 khz bandwidth. Sounds much more easy and natural on the ears,
especially when listening to the hi-fi guys on 14.178. But there are times
when using cw that it would be better to have a narrower IF to really make
the PBT perform. The 1.8khz filter does just that.

Lane
Ku7i

To: <amps@contesting.com>