[AMPS] New to the Amps list

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] New to the Amps list
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 21:44:49 -0500

> Does the AL-811 have provision for raising the plate voltage by 800 to
> 900 volts to be more compatible with the 572B?  As I recall an 811
> generally operate at 1200 - 1400 volts where the 572B likes about 2200
> volts ... at 1400 volts the 572B is not much more than a rugged 811.

No, but the gain is virtually identical because the driving impedance
of the tubes is virtually identical.

You do not lose any gain, since in grounded grid the ratio of driving
impedance to load impedance mostly controls the gain.

What you get is higher dissipation, and longer tube life.
73, Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com