[AMPS] Anode cooler question

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Anode cooler question
From: wc6w@juno.com (Radio WC6W)
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 11:40:11 -0800
Hi Jim,
   Removing the 2C39 cooler should be fairly easy.  The ones I've seen
either unscrew or are held on by a couple of set screws.

   The question is... Is there enough material to drill a hole big enough
for a 4-1000A.   I just measured one the 2C39 coolers and it looks like
you need to drill the center hole out to 9/16" which will leave about
.025 walls  -- might be a bit tricky.  Do you have a drill press?

73 & Good morning,
   Marv  WC6W

On Sun, 27 Jan 2002 12:35:19 -0600 Jim Strohm <jstrohm@texas.net> writes:

> I was lookin' on that unnameable auction site, and found an auction for
> 4-1000A anode cooler.
>
> And I thought about the last swap fest, where I scored some tubes very
> similar to 2C39s -- big finned external anode jobbers..
>
> An anode cooler is $10.  A dud 2C39 is 10 cents.  Has anybody tried
> removing the anode structure from one of these tubes to use as an anode
> cooler?
>
> I'm debating whether to try, but since I don't have a lathe or a
bandsaw,
> the task would be difficult.  Exposure to toxic materials is not an
issue
> -- I have appropriate tools and techniques to keep myself and my
> surroundings safe.
>
> Comments?
>
> Jim N6OTQ

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!