[AMPS] Shunt regulated high voltage psu

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Shunt regulated high voltage psu
From: g8gsq@qsl.net (Steve Thompson)
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 17:42:59 -0000

-----Original Message-----
From: George T. Daughters <gdaught6@leland.Stanford.EDU>
To: amps@contesting.com <amps@contesting.com>
To: <amps@contesting.com>
Date: 30 January 2002 16:41
Subject: Re: [AMPS] Shunt regulated high voltage psu
snip
When I was doing my 4cx800a/Dentron MLA2500 conversion, I got some
plate curves from Svetlana in Russia.  I decided that -20ma was the
most "wrong way" screen current I'd ever get for a single '800a... I
diesigned my screen regulator with a zero signal 20ma drain (see "New
life... QST, May 1996, if you want.)  In actual pretty heavy use
(contesting) with varying antenna loads and driving conditions, I
never noticed any more than about -5ma; when it's driven properly and
loaded properly, +15 - 20 ma is what I see.  (All numbers are "DC"
meter readings.  It's not that the tube doesn't EVER swing into
negative screen current on RF anode current peaks... I don't monitor
that.)
Thanks for the info., George. Was the data from Svetlana different or more
comprehensive than what's in the data sheet? If so, any chance of a copy?

Thanks,

Steve