[AMPS] Re: Bickering

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: Bickering
From: jstrohm@texas.net (Jim Strohm)
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 22:02:32 -0600
"Jimmy Jones" <jjones@etex.net> said

>I can solve this. All of you guys send me you best amp.

Woo woo!!  I'll cobble up a deck, and you can test it for me!!

Just tell me how big a power supply and how big a dummy load you have.

Let's see, twin Amperex 6076in G2DAF, or quad screen-fed 8072 on a
water-cooled heatsink, or ... what's that unidentifiable GE ceramic tube
I've got that's bigger than a 4CX1500?  It's on the floor with a couple
more external anode GEs that nobody seems to be able to identify but
everybody has a four-figure pricetag on pulls....

Maybe a T160 in push-pull with some unidentifiable thing that looks like a
pre-war Taylor T-40 or a WE300A....

Got some ceramic hydrogen thyratrons here that might switch up to 160
meters ... bias into Class E and they'll do CW without oil-bath cooling.

Or this old Eimac IOT 60 KW klystrode that's almost as big as a scuba
tank...hmm...decisions, decisions!

Just don't tell the FAA I have this stuff, because it's probably enough
power to give a flat tire to an Airbus at 30,000 feet.

Jim N6OTQ

levity where levity is due....