[AMPS] Kenwood TS-440 and TL-922A hook up help

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Kenwood TS-440 and TL-922A hook up help
From: kkanakas@cisco.com (krishna)
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 17:08:15 -0500
Steve,
 I did unplug the DIN connector. The rig is still stuck in the xmit mode.
 I was planning on resetting the microprocessor. But if there was some
diagnostic info that would be lost by doing so, i never wanted to lose it for
 lack of the knowledge. So i decided not to reset it.

 The 7-pin DIN connector pin configuration was something like this.

 The pin numbers are not correct, but i want to give an idea of what the
 diagram looked like.( i don't have the manual with me right now).

pins 1,2,3 for the TX,RX and centre poles of a relay
pin 4, +12V at 10mA on keydown.
pin 5, ALC
pin 6 - for foot switch or so.
pin 7 - unused

I was hoping to connect the TX and ground to the amp keying jack.
I was hoping to connect the ALC and ground to the amp ALC jack.

I used the above 7-pin connector because that was what was presented
 in the section on hooking up to a liner amp.

thanks
krish
w4/vu2vku