[Amps] Glitch resistors

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Glitch resistors
From: wc6w@juno.com (Radio WC6W)
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 11:38:22 -0800
On Mon, 4 Mar 2002 22:02:43 +0000 "Ian White, G3SEK" <G3SEK@ifwtech.com>
writes:

<snip>

Hi Ian,

> Can we identify a specific range of US-made resistors, for the
> record?

  Here are some real pulse rated types... not just ceramics that (may)
happen to survive the event.

  Kanthal Globar (who acquired the Carborundum product line) makes a good
assortment -- their resistors are rated for both pulse voltage and
energy.  Take as look at the AS parts.

  Ohmite has a new line that would be suitable for the application with a
pair in series -- look for the AY & AZ prefix

   I have the data sheets for both these lines... somewhere in the files
but, I can't seem to put my hands on them this morning.

   I'm sure both companies are an easy find on the web.

 > 73 from Ian G3SEK          Editor, 'The VHF/UHF DX Book'

73,
  Marv  WC6W

*

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!