[Amps] Sorry, I was way off...

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Sorry, I was way off...
From: pmb1010@hotmail.com (V G)
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 21:34:11
You're right. I'm wrong.
120/120/Ground for 220v.
Neutral req'd if 120 is needed.
sorry temporary brain fart.
It's been a long week.

Vic
---------------
From: Gary Schafer <garyschafer@attbi.com>
To: V G <pmb1010@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Source for 220V cords
To: <amps@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 12:03:26 -0500

Are you in the US?
I am not quite sure what you mean when you say "electrical code" for your
amp?

In the US, you should always have the ground connection for 120 or 220 volt
circuits. For a 220 volt circuit the neutral is only needed if there is to
be
current drawn on a 120 volt circuit in the amp. If current is only drawn on
the
220 volt circuit then no neutral line is needed. But there should never be
any
current carried on the ground lead.
If there is a requirement for a neutral line then you need 4 wires.

73
Gary  K4FMX

V G wrote:

 > Interesting...
 > The Electrical code requirements for my
 > remote panel for 220 for my amp, specifically
 > has the neutral running to the panel. There
 > is no ground. How in your instance would I
 > connect this amplifier?
 >
 > Richard wrote:
 >
 >  > >A window air conditioner cord is what you want. They have a molded
plug
 > on
 >  > >them,
 >  > >although they are not usually all that long. Can be found in Home
Depot,