[Amps] Re: Martin's retro Heathkit Amplifier front panels ?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Re: Martin's retro Heathkit Amplifier front panels ?
From: nospam4me@juno.com (skipp isaham)
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 19:39:59 -0800
Hi Paul,
-
Martin now has SB-200 reproduction panels listed on
Ebay in addition to his reproduction SB-220 panels.
I found him very honest to deal with and my panels
look great.
-
My beef is with Allan Fallas VE7PTT for selling me
a bad vacuum relay and not making good on his
replacement promise, then going poof...   He's
also taken another SoCal Ham for some Caps.
-
Martin seems to be pretty nice and responsive.
You might try him again.
skipp
-
 Paul Erickson <paule@sfu.ca> writes:
> skipp isaham wrote:
>
> > Hi Jim,
> > -
> > It's almost a classic find... an sb 220 with a hole
> > butchered in the front with a dull drill bit and deep
> > toggle switch nut tightening scratches.
> >
> > I have one panel just removed where a previous
> > owner tried to match the standby switch with a
> > full size rocker (same as the power switch). Not
> > only is the switch hole gross, the switch sits at an
> > angle reminiscent of the titanic going down by the
> > bow.
> > -
> > One of Martin's retro panels went into service.
> > cheers
> > skipp
> > -
> I was wondering about others experiences with Martins panels?
>
> I bought one, and it was dented in the center about 1" out of true,
> and there was no evidence on the package that it had happened during
> shipping. Emails to Martin go unanswered.
>
> Have to admit that I am disappointed in the product, and the
> service.
> cheers, Paul - VA7NT (ex VE7CQK) - email: paule@sfu.ca

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.