[Amps] TenTec Titan 425

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] TenTec Titan 425
From: W4EF@dellroy.com (Mike)
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 07:01:23 -0800
Dude, gold is a good conductor. The reason it is a good conductor is that
there is a single electron in the outer shell which is relatively free to
move
about under the influence of an electric field (it is the same group as
copper
and silver). Check your periodic table. Helium, Neon, etc (Noble gases)
have a full outer shell.

As you know gold is pretty inert chemically, however. The reasons for this
are beyond my laymen's understanding of chemistry.