[Amps] Interesting Zero Bias Tube - the Amperex ZB120

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Interesting Zero Bias Tube - the Amperex ZB120
From: k7fm@teleport.com (COLIN LAMB)
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 18:47:5 -0800

Here are the specifications of an interesting tube - the Amperex ZB120.  ZB
means zero bias.  It is:

"especially designed for Class B amplification.  Can be used as linear r.f.
power amplifier."  It has a carbon plate.

What is interesting about this tube and specifications is not the power level
(only a few hundred watts), but the date of publication of the book that lists
this tube:  The 1938 Radio Handbook.

Here we thought we were forging down the path of discovery only to lrean that
our grandfathers already went there and did that.

--- COLIN LAMB

--- k7fm@teleport.com

text/html (html body -- converted)
---