[Amps] Negative grid current fixed

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Negative grid current fixed
From: no9z@soltec.net (Lynn)
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 11:23:52 -0600
I have been working on a tetrode amp which was slow to generate power
and varying
input swr and signs of negative grid current.

  Last nite, I removed all input circuit components and then started
over.  The first component reinstalled was the 50 ohm input resistor. I
was working with no voltages applied and continued building the circuit
one component at a time.  Everyting was stable.  I changed the value of
the coupling/dc blocking capacitor to a 1200pf mica.
The circuit now consists of  first feeding the resistor, then coupling
the resisual voltage to the grid.  The negative bias is fed directly to
the grid via a 50uh inductor.  All is well.

   As far as the original problem?  I really cant say, except  I suspect
the coupling/blocking capacitor was the culprit...

    I still have to bypass the meters, but the operation is now stable.

  Thanks to all who have helped with their input.

73, Lynn NO9Z