[Amps] Thinking about building an amp.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Thinking about building an amp.
From: carlseye@tampabay.rr.com (carl seyersdahl)
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 11:11:56 -0400
Gary and all: I have built a couple amps and repaired a few and modified the
inputs on some and had good luck with the pi-net input ckts. my homebrew is
4-811a's, and I've reworked some sb200's with no trouble, HOWEVER, I'm now
working on a gla1000 and it's  a nightmare. I haven't been able to get a. pi
type ckt. to work but I discovered that a tee network will do it fairly
well. Accidents do happen now and then. With EL509's the input capacity is
ungodly High.along with the stray capacity it's in the the 110 pf area. I'm
not the expert here I know , but I'll wait and see who else gets into this
discussion!!!have a good day!!
   carl / kz5ca