[Amps] Thinking about building an amp.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Thinking about building an amp.
From: mandolinist@interlync.com (Gary Smith)
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 21:29:59 -0500
Hi,

I've got 90% of what's needed to make a pretty decent amp. Still
have the 3-1000Z & 4PR-1000A I'd mentioned some time ago as
well as 4 4cx-1000A's. Got everything for the tank circuit & well...
about everything except a tuned input & HV filter caps. I'll probably
get the filter caps at Dayton. I would want this amp to cover all the
ham bands.

So about the tuned input. I used to have a nice toroidal tuned input
with 8 sections but after the big D.. Well, I sold most of the small
stuff & that went. I was thinking it might be nice to use one of the
automatic tuners like the AT-11MP instead of making a fixed tuned
input. Seems like the AT-11MP would find a nice match regardless
of where I tuned.

Is this a worthwhile approach?

Thanks,

Gary