[Amps] 3-500Z problem

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] 3-500Z problem
From: yo9fzs@office.deck.ro (yo9fzs)
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 09:14:41 +0300
Hi amp fellows,

I have NIB 3-500Z Eimac tube, manufacturing date seems to be 9640,
as written on the envelope.

The anode and the cathode/grid cylindrical assemblies are not perfectly
coaxial.
Looking at the anode bottom, the anode is closer to the grid for one
it's side
than the opposed  one with about 3 mm, so the the distance between
the anode axis and grid/cathode axis, at the bottom part of the anode is

to about 1.5 mm.

This should affect the anode to grid/gnd breakdown voltage.
About a similar problem I have read in the RadCom (dec '98).

Anyone having experience or using 3-500Z or ZG's with similar problem?

Thanks,
73's,
Traian