[Amps] al-1500 parasitic?? or some other problem?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] al-1500 parasitic?? or some other problem?
From: k1ttt@arrl.net (David Robbins)
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 22:30:11 -0000
At this point nothing is a stupid question, I am definitely confused.

I am using other radios in the shack to measure it.  It was first
noticed for the bad clicks on 15m.  The 15m station has an ft-1000mp
with antennas on a separate tower about 300' away from the 20m tower.
To eliminate the rx as a problem I also hear it on a ts-680 that is
connected to a 6m antenna on yet another tower.

Add another twist or two...

There is also a sub-harmonic being generated at exactly 1/2 the tx
frequency.  It comes and goes exactly in sync with the 1.5x 'harmonic'.

Now the real kicker!  I swapped the al-1500 out for an hf-2500, and the
'harmonics' are still there.  And they respond to the tune control on
the hf-2500 exactly the same as on the al-1500.... so now I am down to
the 'some other problem'... still related to amps, but apparently not
specifically the al-1500.  This makes the problem much more important to
find and fix as the last resort plan was to move the al-1500 to 10m, but
obviously this is not going to fix the problem now.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net

it