[Amps] QSK amp switching (Ts940/Alpha 86)

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] QSK amp switching (Ts940/Alpha 86)
From: paule@sfu.ca (paule@sfu.ca)
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 8:15:11 PDT
Well, I am getting closer to dealing with the audio
thump I am trying to eliminate in my ts-940/alpha 86
combo. Doing the agc mod has helped a lot, but
there remains an annoying click at the break of each
character. I know this, because if I put the rig into
semi breakin mode, the click only occurs at the end
of the transmission.

I notice that the click is the same if I switch one
of the switches on the amp, such as operate/stby.
There would appear to be a transient coming down
the control line.

Any suggestions as to the best way to eliminate this?

cheers, Paul - VA7NT ex VE7CQK - email: paule@sfu.ca
"Those who hear not the music. . . think the dancers mad."