[Amps] Voodoo harmonics at K1TTT

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Voodoo harmonics at K1TTT
From: EVonvaltie@aol.com (EVonvaltie@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 13:09:25 EDT
Dave:
       (No ill intentions in the title - just thought it sounded cool.)
       It is a little difficult to analyze problems by remote control when
you cannot see, feel and touch EVERYTHING involved. However, it appears that
everyone is trying, and a lot of interesting suggestions have been posted.

       I beg your indulgence for a moment to consider the following avenue.
Is it feasible that RF can leave your 20M antenna, be somehow picked up by
another antenna in proximity, travel into another radio (or any electronic
device, for that matter) where it can mix with other sources, and then be
re-radiated. One thing I have not been able to determine from your comments
is exactly how these "spurs" are being detected -- that is, what is the total
path from the 20M antenna to the final detection point. Do they appear on all
of your radios equally? Do they have any dependence on the RECEIVING antenna?

Eric von Valtier K8LV

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---