[Amps] Homemade attenuator or sampler for 1+kW?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Homemade attenuator or sampler for 1+kW?
From: g8gsq@qsl.net (Steve Thompson)
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 16:28:52 +0000
On Friday 24 May 2002 14:43, Steve Katz wrote:
> Hi Ilka,
>
> I've used this specific model (778D) for several years at 1 kW PEP SSB or
> CW without any ill effects.  There's nothing active in it, and the internal
> pass-through conductor is large; I cannot envision what about it would
> restrict the power rating.
If 1kW 'forward' results in 10W coming out of the 'forward' line, doesn't 10W
also end up in the terminating resistor on the 'reverse' line?

The coupling spec. is 20dB nominal from 100MHz upwards - I'm guessing it's
lower (more dBs) 1.5-30MHz, which might account for the termination surviving
if my view is valid.

Steve