[Amps] Mica capacitors - friend or foe?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Mica capacitors - friend or foe?
From: wb8jkr@juno.com (wb8jkr@juno.com)
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 20:10:43 -0400
  Doesn't one also have to consider the reactance
of the cap at a specific frequency and the result
change in possible breakdown E of the cap?
 A cap with 50 ohms of reactance and 10 amps
flowing through it at 1 Mhz is going to have 500
volts across it yet the same cap at the same
current level is only going to have 50 volts acrossed
it at 10 Mhz. If the cap is rated at 500 volts it may
fail at 1 Mhz, but work fine at 10 Mhz, all other things
being reasonably equal of course.

 Does that sound reasonable?

Mark  WB8JKR