[Amps] Your ideal HF mobile amp.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Your ideal HF mobile amp.
From: phil@transmittersrus.com (Philip de Cadenet)
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2002 08:56:39 +0100
For those QRO HF mobile enthusiasts among you I should like to know the
spec of your ideal mobile amplifier.

Does the SGC, Henry, Tokyo Hi-Power, Ten Tec, Metron or Ameritron fill
your needs or are they in anyway lacking?

I am considering putting together a 16 Toshiba transistor version of the
Metron with the help of another member of this list and wonder if you
consider an alternator and battery upgrade a hindrance?

Do you consider the thermal and current trips in the Metron adequate or
do you really need the Starship Enterprise control panel of the SGC.

Is size important, no jokes please.

I look forward to some feedback.
--
Philip de Cadenet G4ZOW