[Amps] Your ideal HF mobile amp.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Your ideal HF mobile amp.
From: 2@mail.vcnet.com (Richard)
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2002 06:15:01 -0700
>For those QRO HF mobile enthusiasts among you I should like to know the
>spec of your ideal mobile amplifier.

1.  Operates from 240v - 3-phase generator on trailer pulled behind.
2.  Tetrode-with-handles tube using a mesh filament.
3.  Hydraulicly raised /lowered antenna to allow passing under
bridges/overpasses.
4.  Anti-corona disk at top of antenna.

However, the limiting factor when I used to run mobile of 40m during the
day was not being heard, it was mobile received noise from power lines.

>Does the SGC, Henry, Tokyo Hi-Power, Ten Tec, Metron or Ameritron fill
>your needs or are they in anyway lacking?

14V is sucky if you want ur mobile signal to be real ducky.