[Amps] Solid state relay question

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Solid state relay question
From: philk5pc@tyler.net (Phil Clements)
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 23:51:04 -0500
> I recently installed a 25a 250v rated solid state relay in the 230-volt line
> make it easier to control the supplies from my operating position.  Since then
> I've randomly blown fuses in the supplies -- not when turning them on, but
when
> keying the rig.  Note that the fuses are in the supplies, after the relay.
>
> Does anyone have any idea why this would happen?
>
> Vic K2VCO

Hi Vic, and fellow amp'ers!
It would be interesting to see what the line voltage drop is
with the amp keyed, with the S.S. relays bypassed and
connected. Somehow, it seems to me, that your input current
requirement has increased through losses in your new primary
wiring or through the relays themselves.

Keep us posted on your findings.

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC