[Amps] CTI follow up - miscellaneous ramblings

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] CTI follow up - miscellaneous ramblings
From: Mike Sawyer" <kc4slk@csrlink.net (Mike Sawyer)
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 17:56:29 -0400
>Expanding on a suggestion made to me off list, how about a string of 150
>LEDs to get 300odd V for a screen supply. That could be quite pretty, and
>give visual indication of loading too.

*  Super-Excellent idea, Steve.  A showy visual display just might win
over the "real radios glow in the dark" gang.   Hmmmmm, lets see, with
high-intensity LEDs, it should be possible to make a 800-LED array
screen-shunt regulator for an 8170 that could probably be seen from
2-miles away.  Would this be impressive or what?  And if this screen-reg.
was mounted on top of the tower -- totally kick-butt awesome.

Not a snowballs chance in HE double- toothpicks ;>)
Mike(y)
W3SLK
(Incidentally Real radios also weigh more than 75lbs)