[Amps] Nice big Plate transformer fs

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Nice big Plate transformer fs
From: wwd@netheaven.com (wwd@netheaven.com)
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 12:05:56 -0400
 Steve Katz <stevek@jmr.com> said:

>Still, 4620kv @ 750mA is nothing to sneeze at.  Isn't that 3-1/2 million
>VA?

>-WB2WIK/6

>> >I have a really nice BIG transformer. GE model 81g45 rated 1.1KVA. 115v
>> >in 4620kv@750miliamps center tap.
>>
>> So the ct cannot float .  .  .  Boring, cheezy xfmr. Not even 230vac.
>>
>> Sorry about the bad review, but what do you expect from GE anyway.  <g>

AFAIK, the seller has not chimed in with any more data. My suggestion
would be to leave it IN the microwave, remove the rotating platter, and
build up a nice final of proper proportion. The digital interface might be
rather useful, too.

Bill    K2AME

~~~~ trim, trim, trim, trim, trim, trim, trim, trim .  .  .