[Amps] Muffin Fan on Swan Mark 1

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Muffin Fan on Swan Mark 1
From: Ian White, G3SEK" <g3sek@ifwtech.co.uk (Ian White, G3SEK)
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 20:04:28 +0100
Steve Katz wrote:

>> //One of the principal advantages of Flotherm (which actually comes from
>> the U.K.) is that all this can be very closely modeled, if you have the
>> dimensions of all components, covers, shields, etc, as well as the power
>> dissipation of all major components.  That allows you to scientifically
>> predict the proper placement of baffles and air deflectors in an
>> enclosure.  Often times, fifty cents worth of sheet metal riveted into
>> strategic positions saves fifty dollars on more powerful air movers, or
>> five hundred dollars on new components!  -WB2WIK/6

I can quite believe that, having been in the air/gas flow business back
when such programs were in their infancy (Lord, that makes me feel
old...)

Failing which, you can do wonderful things with tracing air flow using
smoke candles or even ceegars. It gives you a pretty good sense of where
the air is going to go, even when you can't see it.

Steve, do you know if there is anything freely available on the net for
heat and mass transfer modeling, equivalent to the way NEC-2 is freely
available for antenna modeling?