[Amps] Glitch resistors

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Glitch resistors
From: Peter.Chadwick@zarlink.com (Peter Chadwick)
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 08:33:01 +0100
So out of the following, which would you recommend?

1. 80 ohm, 100 watt carbon rod. About 1 inch diameter 12 inches long. Originally
meant as low inductance RF load resistors.

2. 50 ohm, 100 watt wirewound. 1.25 inches diameter, 10 inches long, vitreous
enamelled

3. 50 ohm, 50 watt glass tin oxide, 1 inch diameter 6 inches long. ( designed as
low inductance RF load resistor)

4. 75 ohm, otherwise as 3 above.

Size/space is NOT a problem. My feeling is that any of them should do, but I'd
be interested in comments. As these are all in the junk box, any alternative
requiring expenditure needs well justifying!

73

Peter G3RZP