[Amps] diode string configuration

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] diode string configuration
From: no9z@soltec.net (Lynn)
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 09:18:05 -0500
Hello,

    I have searched the archives, but did not find this question
covered.

  I am starting work on the HV powersupply.  Transformer is rated
at   3330 - 0 -3330 vac at 1.7 amps from center tap to each leg.

  I plan on using a full wave rectifier configuration for approximately
4500 vdc
at 3.5 amps.

  I want to build the diode strings from 1n5408 diodes.   7kv@4 amps.
 So is it best to build 4  7kv independent 1 amp strings or 1 string
with
4  1n5408 diodes all in parallel and soldered together x 7 .....for a
completed
assembley that will do  4 amps at 7kv?  Obviously I will need 2 of these
for
fullwave operation.

Lynn, NO9Z