[Amps] diode string configuration

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] diode string configuration
From: stevek@jmr.com (Steve Katz)
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 07:49:20 -0700
Lynn, why would you need to parallel 1N5408's?  The 5408 is a 3A diode, at
lead temperature of 105 degrees C, which is pretty easy to maintain with the
slightest trickle of air flowing past them.

I'd just put 7 or 8 in series per leg for a FW CT rectifier that can deliver
4.5kV at 3A.  13.5kWdc isn't enough?

-WB2WIK/6

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." -
Mario Andretti