[Amps] Gonset Amplifier

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Gonset Amplifier
From: stevek@jmr.com (Steve Katz)
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 13:06:44 -0700
> -----Original Message-----
> From: K6KWQ@aol.com [SMTP:K6KWQ@aol.com]
> Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 1:10 PM
> To:   Steve Katz
> Cc:   amps@contesting.com
> Subject:      Re: [Amps] Gonset Amplifier
>
> Yes they did make one with 4 ea 807's

        [Steve Katz]  No sweat.  I've never seen that one, it is probably
even older than the GSB-200, I'd guess.  4 x 807 = about 400Wdc input,
though, or maybe 200W output power.  Doesn't seem worthwhile for a 100W
exciter...maybe if somebody has a QRP station it might help.  But I'd bet
this item would be worth much more in "collector's" value if mated with
whatever exciter it was intended to go with, to make a station...  -WB2WIK/6