[Amps] Parting out 20Kw FM Tx

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Parting out 20Kw FM Tx
From: kayser at sympatico.ca (Larry Kayser)
Date: Sat Aug 2 17:17:57 2003
Greetings:

I am parting out a 20Kw RCA FM tx that used a 4CX15000A final.  The tube
socket looks a bit tired, but some TLC might make it serve another day.  I
have uses for most of the stuff but if someone wants the tube socket or the
3 1/8 directional coupler of similar things then let me know and we can
discuss off line.  The vacuum things are all gone already.

The exciter and things are already gone to the next stage of life as a low
power TX.

Next question, does anyone have much experience of running a three phase
transformer on one phase and drawing about 1/3 the amount of current?

Larry
VA3LK