Fw: [Amps] Difference between Heathkit SB-200 and SB-201?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Fw: [Amps] Difference between Heathkit SB-200 and SB-201?
From: nospam4me at juno.com (skipp isaham)
Date: Sun Aug 17 09:06:17 2003
Hi Dave,
-
The SB-201 is a similar animal for the most part. The
major differences is the lack of the 10 meter capacity
which shows up as a filter assembly on the input
and different values of tuned input LC values. The
10 meter output tank may not be present and the 10m
band switch position blocked or not possible with
the supplied band switch.
-
Simply removing the LP input filter will not enable
10 meter operation. There are also semi obvious
small differences in the output tank, the lack of the
enabled 10 meter band position is often a
mechanical and electronic mod.
-
Most amps of the SB-201 vintage had mechanical
stops on the band switch, however... some required
band switch replacement and the additional 10 meter
tank coil. Additional parts are required.
-
regards
skipp
-