[Amps] Difference between Heathkit SB-200 and SB-201?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Difference between Heathkit SB-200 and SB-201?
From: vic at rakefet.com (Vic Rosenthal)
Date: Sun Aug 17 09:06:26 2003
Smith, Dave wrote:
 > Could some one on the list tell me the difference between a Heathkit
 > SB 200 and a SB-201?  I bought a SB-201 and can't fing any
 > documentation on the web on it. It it close enough to an SB-200?

I had one, and the difference consists in the compliance with the FCC
rule to disable the amplifier on 10/11 meters.  The SB201 had a modified
input circuit and did not have a 10 meter tap on the tank coil.  It came
with a front panel that did not have a 10-meter position marked.  When I
sent Heath a photocopy of my license, they sent me a kit (I forget if I
had to pay for this or not) including a few input circuit components,
instructions, and a new front panel!  As far as I know it is otherwise
identical with the SB200.

Vic K2VCO
Fresno CA