[Amps] How light can you make a 500W amplifier?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] How light can you make a 500W amplifier?
From: tongaloa@alltel.net (tongaloa)
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 14:47:58 -0400
That would be the HA-14 and they trade for
a bit more than the SB-200 in similar condition.
Nice amp though.
HP-24 mains power supply tranny is smaller
than that of the SB200...It's not very heavy.

IMHO, you gain more with a good RF speech
clipper. After applying the clipping, you'll
need a 500W amp that can handle a high
average power to make it worth carrying around.

Bob