[Amps] DTR-2000L schematic

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] DTR-2000L schematic
From: stevek@jmr.com (Steve Katz)
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 12:48:01 -0700

> In a message dated 10/16/02 10:16:36 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
> stevek@jmr.com
> writes:
>
> << Whoever posted yesterday that the DTR-2000L amplifier uses a voltage
> tripler
>  was wrong.  The schematic clearly shows a voltage doubler made of twelve
> 1kV
>  3A diodes and twelve 100uF, 500V capacitors. >>
>

> Steve:
>
> Dentron never ever used that much safety margin on their capacitor
> string.....
> only eight (8) caps in the DTR-2000L (I walked over and looked at it)
>
> Bill  W6WCW
> Santa Barbara, Ca.
>
> p.s.  Yes, the voltage sags a hell-of-a-lot....

        [Steve Katz]  I don't doubt that at all, Bill.  Well, I don't have a
DTR-2000L to look at, and am only going by the schematic diagram, which
shows 6 diodes and 6 capacitors in each leg of the doubler.  If they really
only used 4 of each, they were pushing it, if they used only 500V rated
capacitors.  But nothing surprises me!  I owned three or four different
Dentron amps back in the 1970's and I believe none are still around.  Had to
completely rebuild a "Clipperton-V" two meter amplifier, because almost
nothing in the entire amp, other than the front panel and power cord, was
done correctly.  -WB2WIK/6