[Amps] 2 x 8877 amp

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] 2 x 8877 amp
From: wlfuqu00@uky.edu (Bill Fuqua)
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 16:40:20 -0500
I once ran 4 6AG7s grounded grid in parallel with 1200volts on the plate
and 300 watts PEP plate input.
But being a non-drinker this was a dry amplifier. I had made a heat sink
out of a block of aluminum and drilled out holes to press the tubes
into.  Worked just fine but had to condition the tubes by bringing up the
plate voltage slowly until the sparking stopped.

73
Bill wa4lav

True story, I still have parts of the amplifier. The heat sink and power
supply.