[Amps] EIMAC Confusion

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] EIMAC Confusion
From: g8gsq@qsl.net (Steve Thompson)
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 14:33:58 +0000
On Wednesday 13 November 2002 14:22, mark wrote:
> You are right Steve ... What throws me of that there are power sources
> (filament & grid)
> which are significant some times (200... 400W) and are not tacken in acount
Indeed - it might vary between manufacturers and tubes. The first data sheet
that came to hand was Eimac 4CX1500A. This presents the info in two forms. In
the 'typical operating' bits it gives specific maximum figures for plate,
screen and grid separately - so I reckon you work with these individually and
don't worry about the filament power affecting the total heat load that, say,
the anode dissipates. In the mechanical section, it gives the fundamental
figure, which is the anode core and seal temperatures, not power dissipations.

73, Steve