[Amps] Hot Switching

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Hot Switching
From: Ian White, G3SEK" <g3sek@ifwtech.co.uk (Ian White, G3SEK)
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 09:57:57 +0000
Rich wrote:
>Just what the inventor of RF-actuated switching was thinking when he
>invented it is way beyond me.   Or, maybe he wasn't?

It seems to be a crossover from CB amps, via the "bricks" intended for
amateur VHF-FM hand-helds that don't have a PTT output. But from there,
RF-actuated switching seems to have trickled down into all kinds of
inappropriate uses.

"Real amps" use hard-wired PTT... always.

--
73 from Ian G3SEK         'In Practice' columnist for RadCom (RSGB)
                            Editor, 'The VHF/UHF DX Book'