[Amps] Transformer help

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Transformer help
From: gm4wll@talisman41.freeserve.co.uk (David & Wendy Dodds)
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 17:24:25 +0000
Hi!

I have a commercial 144MHz amp I bought 2nd-hand for fun - it's very simple
stuff - a single QQV06-40. It blows the mains fuse as soon as it's powered up
and, as there are no obvious shorts I assume this means the transformer is u/s.

How do I confirm this? There is a very small resistance, a few Ohms on the
primary, but I've no idea what it should read.

If it is u/s I take it that's curtains for the amp as it's an old design and I
doubt if I can source a replacement transformer of the correct dimensions to
fit the case. Can old trannies be rewound or is that crazy talk?

73 es tnx

de David GM4WLL

Please reply to:
gm4wll@talisman41.freeserve.co.uk (Wendy)