[Amps] Transformer help

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Transformer help
From: wa1hco@adelphia.net (jeff millar)
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 12:37:57 -0500
If you're lucky it just the HV rectifier diodes.  Disconnect them from the
transformer and see if it still blows.  Another possibility...the
electrolytics either are shorted or need reforming.  If pulling diodes off
stops blowing, check them for shorts...if ok, then try bringing up the AC
voltage slowly to let the HV caps reform.

Last...did you check the 115/230 switch?

jeff, wa1hco