[Amps] Tube Autopsy

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Tube Autopsy
From: philk5pc at tyler.net (Phil Clements)
Date: Tue Jan 28 11:46:42 2003
> >Question for Rich:
> >
> >When you do autopsies on tubes, what do you do with the vacuum?  You cannot
> >let it out, because it is not there.  Is it possible to open or release a
> >vacuum?
> >
> I save 'em in a tight fitting drawer.  Quite a few will fit in the drawer
> because they occupy little space and weigh next to nothing.
>
> -  R. L. Measures, a.k.a. Rich..., 805.386.3734,AG6K,

I hate to hear this, Rich.
There is a good chance you are in violation of EPA and OSHA regulations,
among others.

It is blatant acts like these that have thrown our planet into certain premature
doom.

I dispose of all my kaput tubes by taking them down to a friend who is
in the auto air conditioning business. He uses his new EPA mandated
$4500 machine to carefully collect the gaseous contents of the tube,
where it remains stored with the old freon gas until being properly disposed
of at an EPA approved dump site.

I have encouraged my local fellow amateurs to follow these procedures,
and already we are noticing an abatement in global warming here in
East Texas. The temperature here at the farm was 17 degrees one day
last week. Not to mention the increased sweetness of the air in the area
with the absence of all those combustion products from gold sputtering
and barnacle fires.

Let's spread the word, and clean up our act before a tube disposal fee
is added to the already over-priced cost of new tubes.

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC